Services >> Preventive Maintenance
Small problems can become bigger problems over time. In addition, to ensure peak performance and safety, your equipment must be properly maintained. That's why it is a good idea to have your system checked on an annual basis. Regular checkups will avoid unnecessary service calls, maximize efficiency and increase the life of your equipment. To join our mailing list to receive annual reminders for furnace and/or air conditioner checkups, please email our service department or call us!
Click here for an article on WHY you should have your furnace tuned up!
WARNING SIGNS OF FURNACE TROUBLE
Warning: Before performing any maintenance, turn off the unit and wait for the blower to stop.
1. Check the filter monthly and clean or replace it as needed. C.L. Linfoot Company can show you where your indoor unit's filter is located and how to remove, clean, and replace it if you are unsure. We offer a variety of filter types for all of your filter needs.
2. Inspect the blower compartment of your furnace or blower coil, and vacuum out any dust or dirt. Make sure the coil is dry before vacuuming.
3. Remove clutter from around the furnace as this is a fire hazard. Also, it may obstruct combustion air supply, which can lead to the productin of Carbon Monoxide gas.
4. Keep return grilles and supply registers clear of obstructions such as furniture, lint, dust, or pet hair.
5. Always be on the lookout for ununual sounds and smells.
6. If you have an outdoor unit:
Note: Ideally if you are scheduling a yearly inspection of the Air Conditioning Unit it is best if the outdoor air temperature is above 75 degrees for our Service Techs to do the inspection process.
Please call us for more information on residential or commercial service contracts. We provide preventative maintenance contracts and filter service for homes or businesses.
C.L. Linfoot Co. - 4805 Demers Avenue - PO Box 12816 - Grand Forks, ND 58201 - 701-775-3961